SCP 2015 Application List
SUMMER CRISIS PROGRAM UTILITY ASSISTANCE AT SELF
Supports to Encourage Low-Income Families (SELF) is now scheduling appointment for the Summer Crisis Program. Anyone applying for assistance must be living at or below 175% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines ($42,437.50 for a family of four). Households meeting the income guidelines must also have a member age 60 or older OR a member of the household with documentation of a medical condition signed by a licensed physician or registered nurse practitioner. In order to receive help, Butler County residents must bring the following documents to their appointments:
- Picture I.D. and proof of citizenship for the primary applicant.
- Proof of all household income for last 13 weeks or 12 months.
- Social Security Cards or legal documentation for all household members.
- Current bills for the main heating & electric source, with account numbers.
- City of Hamilton utility customers must bring arrangement form if they are subject to a disconnect.
- Proof of Disability, if disabled.
- Documentation of medical condition, if under 60 years of age. Medical notes may be issued no more than one year prior to the date of the SCP assistance application. The form should state, “Due to an illness, this client would benefit from continued electric services.”
If qualified, applicants may receive utility assistance for the current electric bill, total amount due, first PIPP Plus enrollment payment, utility account deposit, transfer of service or disconnect fees. Butler Rural Electric Cooperative, Inc. and City of Hamilton utility customers may be eligible for maximum benefits up to $300. Customers of Duke Energy and other regulated utility company customers may be eligible to maximum benefits of up to $250. Customers may also choose to receive an air conditioner instead of a utility payment, providing the household did not receive an air conditioner from the Summer Crisis Program since 2011. Customers already enrolled in the Percentage of Income Payment Plan (PIPP) customers are not eligible for assistance with utility bills; however they may be eligible for an air conditioner.
Appointments are strongly encouraged and can be made by calling 513-868-9300 or 888-432-7022. Appointments will be held Monday through Friday at SELF’s Hamilton office and weekly at satellite locations in Middletown and Oxford. Walk-ins will be taken at the Hamilton office only and walk-ins are not guaranteed to be seen. For more details and a printable list of what to bring to your appointment, visit www.selfhelps.org.