Building Skills, Building Confidence, Building Self-sufficient Futures!
- Build-Up Academy Program – Onsite and classroom construction training for individuals 18-35 that qualify for this program. Upon Graduation they will receive an recognized construction accreditation, steel toed boots, and a starter tool kit. Opportunities to network with local employers or apply for apprenticeships upon graduation.
- (No sessions are currently scheduled)
- Getting Ahead Program – Are you tired of “Just Getting By”? Make the choice to Get Ahead! SELF’s Getting Ahead workshops help individuals take a hard look at their own resources, mindsets and actions, then build their own plan for prosperity — and a better life for themselves and their families.
- Classes are held year-round throughout Butler County, including Ohio Means Jobs in Fairfield!
- Now enrolling virtual classes held via Zoom!
- JOBS NOW! Program – Are you looking for a better job? SELF offers an employment and education program that promotes self-sufficiency through goal setting and barrier removal. The 12-week program helps participants obtain more gainful employment through workshops and one-on-one job coaching.
- Held at Ohio Means Jobs in Fairfield. Virtual and in-person options available.
- Individual Development Account (IDA) Program – Do you want to learn how to better budget and save? SELF’s IDA program helps low- to moderate-income families save for home ownership, higher education, or small business ownership through financial skills education and matched savings accounts.
- Held in-person at SELF’s Hamilton office with social distancing measures put in place.
- Home Repair Program – Do you need repairs and modifications to remain safely in your home? SELF helps low-income Butler County homeowners with free home repairs and mobility improvements year-round through our Neighbors Who Care: Home Repair Program and annual Group Workcamps Blitz Week.
- Home Repairs are being conducted throughout Butler County and SELF is in need of volunteer groups for the rest of 2020!
- Microenterprise and Microloan Program – Are you passionate about starting your own business? This program provides intense instruction in starting and operating a small business, including hands-on help with writing a business plan. Successful graduates may be eligible for a microloan to capitalize their business.
- Held at SELF’s Hamilton office
- Utility Assistance – (Home Energy Assistance Program & Summer Crisis Program) Need utility assistance? SELF provides winter and summer utility help for eligible families and also assists clients with signing up for various payment plans including PIPP Plus (Percentage of Income Payment Plan) to keep utility costs more manageable.
- Available in Hamilton and Middletown.
- 2020 Summer Crisis and HEAP run July 1 – September 30, 2020. Learn more HERE.
- Weatherization – Want to reduce your utility bill? SELF offers a residential energy efficiency program that reduces energy use by reducing air infiltration and heat loss in homes, reducing utility bills for low-income homeowners and renters.
- Intake is performed at SELF and conducted by our sister agency in Montgomery County, the Miami Valley Community Action Partnership.
Who is eligible?
SELF’s programs are offered to residents of Butler County, Ohio. Most SELF Programs have an income eligibility threshold of 125% of the FPL as well as other non-income based eligibility requirements. For a family of four, the annual household income must be no more than $32,750.
Eligibility for HEAP utility assistance is 175% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL). For a family of four, annual household income must be at or below $45,850.
For PIPP (Percentage of Income Payment Plan) Plus it is 150% of the FPL. Annual household income must be no more than $39,300 for a family of four.
Learn more about the Federal Poverty Guidelines.