Building Skills, Building Confidence, Building Self-sufficient Futures!
- Build-Up Academy Program – Onsite and classroom construction training for individuals adults who qualify for this program. SELF also works with local schools, including Marshall High School, to offer Build-Up to teens! Upon graduation, clients receive recognized construction accreditation, steel toed boots, and a starter tool kit. Opportunities to network with local employers or apply for apprenticeships upon graduation!
- Next Session: October 12 – 22 at SELF Hamilton. Contact Christina at 513-820-5013 OR email email@example.com to enroll!
- Getting Ahead Program – Are you tired of “Just Getting By”? Make the choice to Get Ahead! SELF’s Getting Ahead workshops help individuals take a hard look at their own resources, mindsets and actions, then build their own plan for prosperity — and a better life for themselves and their families.
- Classes are held year-round throughout Butler County, including Ohio Means Jobs in Fairfield!
- Now enrolling virtual classes held via Zoom! Next class date is TBD. Call or text Ashley at 513-341-6396 to enroll!
- Classes held at OhioMeansJobs in Fairfield on a rolling basis. Contact Darrent at 513-773-7274 to enroll!
- JOBS NOW! Program – Are you looking for a better job? SELF offers an employment and education program that promotes self-sufficiency through goal setting and barrier removal. This 4-day program helps participants obtain more gainful employment through workshops and one-on-one job coaching.
- Held at Ohio Means Jobs in Fairfield. Virtual and in-person options available.
- Individual Development Account (IDA) Program – Do you want to learn how to better budget and save? SELF’s IDA program helps low- to moderate-income families save for home ownership, higher education, or small business ownership through financial skills education and matched savings accounts.
- Held in-person at SELF’s Hamilton office with social distancing measures put in place. Now enrolling for OCTOBER! Call Jerry at 513-820-5023 to enroll.
- Home Repair Program – Do you need repairs and modifications to remain safely in your home? SELF helps low-income Butler County homeowners with free home repairs and mobility improvements year-round through our Neighbors Who Care: Home Repair Program and annual Group Workcamps Blitz Week.
- Home Repairs are being conducted throughout Butler County and SELF is in need of volunteer groups for the rest of 2020! Call Greg at 513-820-5022 OR email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
- Microenterprise and Microloan Program – Are you passionate about starting your own business? This program provides intense instruction in starting and operating a small business, including hands-on help with writing a business plan. Successful graduates may be eligible for a microloan to capitalize their business.
- Held at SELF’s Hamilton office. Now enrolling for OCTOBER! Call Jerry at 513-820-5023 to enroll.
- Utility Assistance – (Home Energy Assistance Program & Summer Crisis Program) Need utility assistance? SELF provides winter and summer utility help for eligible families and also assists clients with signing up for various payment plans including PIPP Plus (Percentage of Income Payment Plan) to keep utility costs more manageable.
- Available in Hamilton and Middletown.
- 2020 Summer Crisis and HEAP run July 1 – September 30, 2020. Learn more HERE.
- Weatherization – Want to reduce your utility bill? SELF offers a residential energy efficiency program that reduces energy use by reducing air infiltration and heat loss in homes, reducing utility bills for low-income homeowners and renters.
- Intake is performed at SELF and conducted by our sister agency in Montgomery County, the Miami Valley Community Action Partnership.
Who is eligible?
SELF’s programs are offered to residents of Butler County, Ohio. For Ohio residents of other counties, you can find your local Community Action Agency here. Most SELF Programs have an income eligibility threshold of 200% of the FPL as well as other non-income based eligibility requirements. For a family of four, the annual household income must be no more than $52,400.
Eligibility for HEAP utility assistance is 175% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL). For a family of four, annual household income must be at or below $45,850.
For PIPP (Percentage of Income Payment Plan) Plus it is 150% of the FPL. Annual household income must be no more than $39,300 for a family of four.
If you have any questions about you or your family’s eligibility for programs, call SELF at 513-868-9300.
Learn more about the Federal Poverty Guidelines.