This page contains updates and resources regarding SELF and the COVID-19 pandemic.
Status of Offices: SELF offices are closed to the public, aside from classes requiring clients to be present in-person.
SELF is able to offer emergency assistance, such as rent assistance, to families affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, thanks to the Federal CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security) Act.
Through December 30, 2020 SELF will be offering rent, mortgage, water, and sewer assistance via the Home Relief Fund announced by Ohio Governor Mike DeWine on October 23, 2020. Applications may be downloaded at the link provided below.
The Winter Crisis and Home Energy Assistance Programs (HEAP) are available at SELF November 1, 2020 – March 31, 2021.
SELF is requiring appointments by phone or video call to apply for Winter Crisis, HEAP, and PIPP – Appointments can be scheduled at self.itfrontdesk.com or by calling 513-868-9300. Appointments are scheduled up to 28 days in advance, and new appointments open at midnight each night.
SELF is still providing classes at this time, many available virtually or in-person with social distancing options available.
Social Security is available by phone: 800-772-1213, 8am – 5pm M-F. Find your local SS office here.
Social Security is available online!
- Please encourage your clients to call or take advantage of our secure and convenient online services to:
- Apply for Retirement, Disability, and Medicare benefits;
- Use the mySocialSecurity account to estimate benefits, check the status of an application/appeal, or print a benefit verification letter;
- New in Ohio: Request a replacement Social Security card using the mySocialSecurity account;
- New: Upload forms/documents for Medicare Part B Special Enrollment Period online!! Go to www.ssa.gov/medicare and scroll down to “Already Enrolled in Medicare” or go directly to www.ssa.gov/Medicare-PartB-SEP.
- Our updated retirement hub page www.ssa.gov/retire is easy to follow, with Learn-Apply-Manage sections. The retirement page also links directly to our calculators which help you drill down into benefit information!
The Ohio Means Jobs center (located at 4631 Dixie Hwy, Fairfield, OH 45014) is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 am until 4:00 pm for computer, printer or fax use for work or service related requests.