This page contains updates and resources regarding SELF and the COVID-19 pandemic.
Status of Offices: SELF offices are now open to the public! Masks are encouraged if you are not feeling well. If you have tested positive for COVID or are exhibiting symptoms of COVID, please ring the doorbell near the door instead of entering.
SELF is able to offer emergency assistance, such as rent assistance, to families affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
SELF will begin accepting requests for rent assistance again on Saturday, March 4, 2023. Rent assistance requests can be dropped off in secure drop boxes at our offices or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The State of Ohio web portal is now closed and no longer accepting applications.
The Summer Crisis and Home Energy Assistance Programs (HEAP) are available at SELF July 1, 2023 – August 30, 2023.
SELF is requiring appointments by phone or video call to apply for Summer Crisis, Winter Crisis, HEAP, and PIPP – Appointments can be scheduled at self.itfrontdesk.com or by calling 513-868-9300. Appointments are scheduled up to 28 days in advance, and new appointments open at midnight each night.
Additional documents for your appointment, including seasonal employment, self declaration of employment and more, can be found here.
SELF is still providing classes at this time, many available virtually or in-person with social distancing options available.
Learn the status of classes here.
Social Security is available by phone: 800-772-1213, 8am – 5pm M-F. Find your local SS office here.
Social Security is available online!
- Please encourage your clients to call or take advantage of our secure and convenient online services to:
- Apply for Retirement, Disability, and Medicare benefits;
- Use the mySocialSecurity account to estimate benefits, check the status of an application/appeal, or print a benefit verification letter;
- Request a replacement Social Security card using the mySocialSecurity account;
- Upload forms/documents for Medicare Part B Special Enrollment Period online!! Go to www.ssa.gov/medicare and scroll down to “Already Enrolled in Medicare” or go directly to www.ssa.gov/Medicare-PartB-SEP.
- Our updated retirement hub page www.ssa.gov/retire is easy to follow, with Learn-Apply-Manage sections. The retirement page also links directly to our calculators which help you drill down into benefit information!
COVID-19 Resources for Parents
Food Assistance in Butler County
The Ohio Means Jobs center (located at 4631 Dixie Hwy, Fairfield, OH 45014) is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 am until 4:00 pm for computer, printer or fax use for work or service related requests.