Tell us how you helped make a difference today:[contact-form-7 id=”1060″ title=”Registration Form_copy”]
to Inspire …
You can Help SELF Make a Difference…
But I’m just one person. How can I make a difference? You can!
1. Help someone have a chance to get a job, keep a job and build assets by referring them to SELF’s Jobs Now ! program. We will teach skills needed to find a new or better job, overcome barriers to employment. We work one-on-one to provide job coaching & job leads.
Our Build-up Academy program. This program offers free job and construction skills training to low-income young adults (ages 18-35) in Butler County, Ohio, and includes a nationally recognized construction accreditation certificate (a $2,600 value) as well as opportunities to network with local employers or apply for apprenticeships in the construction field upon graduation. The program also includes incentives, employment and life skills training, emergency supports and even steel-toed boots and a starter tool set upon graduation from the program.
2. Clean out all your old clothes and donate them to someone in need. Your old is someone else new, consider our partner Dress 4 Success
3. Support a local business, maybe a SELF Microenterprise small business. The Microenterprise Program is a partnership among SELF, the Butler County Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and Neighborhood Housing Services of Hamilton, Inc. Upon graduating there is an opportunity to present a business plan to a special Loan Review Committee for a possible microloan of $500 to $5,000.
4. If you know a low-income family that is struggling, refer them to SELF. We’d love to help! In 2014 we helped over 7,000 low-income families in Butler County. Click here to take a look at all our programs.
5. Create a Welcome Home Basket, SELF will give it to a hard working family to celebrate permanent housing.
Please like our SELF Facebook Page. Click the tab on the right top hand side of this page.
We post our client success stories, social issues affecting low-income families, SELF events and relevant community events.
9. Give words of encouragement to someone about their dreams, no matter how big or small they are. @ SELF we teach clients to dream again through Getting Ahead.
10. If you shop on line with Amazon, please consider the Amazon Smile program where a percentage of your purchase goes to your favorite charity. SELF is also listed with this program. Amazon Smile program
11. Consider getting a pet through an animal shelter or animal rescue. If you want to help a pet owner who is struggling and needs pet food, donate to SELF’s fund. We help with Adopt-A-Family program.
12. Redirect gifts. Instead of having people give you birthday and holiday gifts, ask them to donate gifts or money to a good cause. A financial gift of any amount adds up to accomplish the goals listed below, and many more, for SELF’s clients!
If you want to donate to SELF click here: