Building Skills, Building Confidence, Building Self-sufficient Futures!
- Build-Up Academy Program – Onsite and classroom construction training for individuals 18-35 that qualify for this program. Upon Graduation they will receive an recognized construction accreditation, steel toed boots, and a starter tool kit. Opportunities to network with local employers or apply for apprenticeships upon graduation.
- Getting Ahead Program – Are you tired of “Just Getting By”? Make the choice to Get Ahead! SELF’s Getting Ahead workshops help individuals take a hard look at their own resources, mindsets and actions, then build their own plan for prosperity — and a better life for themselves and their families.
- JOBS NOW! Program – Are you looking for a better job? SELF offers an employment and education program that promotes self-sufficiency through goal setting and barrier removal. The 12-week program helps participants obtain more gainful employment through workshops and one-on-one job coaching.
- Individual Development Account (IDA) Program – Do you want to learn how to better budget and save? SELF’s IDA program helps low- to moderate-income families save for home ownership, higher education, or small business ownership through financial skills education and matched savings accounts. Now also available: the IDA CARS NOW! Program to save for a safe and reliable vehicle.
- Home Repair Program – Do you need repairs and modifications to remain safely in your home? SELF helps low-income Butler County homeowners with free home repairs and mobility improvements year-round through our Neighbors Who Care: Home Repair Program and annual Group Workcamps Blitz Week.
- Microenterprise and Microloan Program – Are you passionate about starting your own business? This program provides intense instruction in starting and operating a small business, including hands-on help with writing a business plan. Successful graduates may be eligible for a microloan to capitalize their business.
- Utility Assistance– (Home Energy Assistance Program & Summer Crisis Program) Need utility assistance? SELF provides winter and summer utility help for eligible families and also assists clients with signing up for various payment plans including PIPP Plus (Percentage of Income Payment Plan) to keep utility costs more manageable.
- Weatherization – Want to reduce your utility bill? SELF offers a residential energy efficiency program that reduces energy use by reducing air infiltration and heat loss in homes, reducing utility bills for low-income homeowners and renters.
Who is eligible? SELF’s programs are offered to residents of Butler County, Ohio. Most SELF Programs have an income eligibility threshold of 125% of the FPL as well as other non-income based eligibility requirements. Eligibility for HEAP utility assistance is 175% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL); for PIPP (Percentage of Income Payment Plan) Plus it is 150% of the FPL. See the 2016 Federal Poverty Income Guidelines by clicking 2016 Income Guideline.