Individual Development Account (IDA)
Pre-Registration Required and must be a Butler County resident
The Individual Development Account or IDA Program teaches personal finance; including, budgeting, savings strategies and planning to meet financial goals. SELF will help you start saving and reach your goals faster by “matching” a portion of each deposit. For every $1 saved, SELF contributes $2. Participants may save a maximum of $1,000 that will be matched by SELF with $2,000. Households with two qualifying adults can receive up to $4,000 in matched savings.
- Attend an 8-week money management workshop.
- Create a realistic budget and receive money-saving tips and ways to reduce debt for a more stable future.
- Open a savings account and save $25-125 per month of earned income.
- Complete goal-specific training (homebuyer education class, business workshops, etc.).
- Obtain a home, education or business–hard-working participants cash-out and receive matched savings for their asset!
Contact Jerry Brown for information at 513-820-5023 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
IDA (Individual Development Account) Program Success: Meet Melissa
For Melissa, a steady career as an LPN wasn’t enough — with two kids and a husband with disabilities, she needed to complete her nursing degree to ensure she could support her family as the primary breadwinner and caregiver.
Enrolling in IDA gave Melissa the support and direction she needed. She started saving for a four-year nursing degree, in addition to learning vital financial literacy skills. With her improved savings habits and SELF’s matching IDA funds, Melissa was able to pay for college, receive her bachelor’s degree in nursing and achieve financial stability for herself and her family.
The IDA Formula
Financial Literacy + Matched Savings
+ Education + Savings Plan Development
+ Support + Encouragement + YOU
Building Assets for the Future